Wednesday, February 2

Pin It

Widgets

The Fury of God's Salvation - Psalm 18:1,3,6,16

"I love you, Lord; you are my strength...I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,and he saved me from my enemies...But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears...He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters." This psalm describes how God will move heaven and earth to save those who love Him. David, the psalmist, entitled this as a song to the Lord when He rescued David from Saul and all his enemies. The psalm first expressed David's love for God and his assurance that God was His protector. When he called out to God for help, God heard him from His sanctuary in heaven where He resides and rushed to his aid. David used some quite descriptive figures of speech to demonstrate the intensity with which God came to his rescue (vs. 7-15). David says that God opened the heavens and came riding on a mighty angelic being. He came with the speed of a great wind, yet he came surreptitiously so David's enemies did not anticipate His approach. He attacked David's enemies with a battle cry of thunder, lightning, and hail and attacked with such fury that the wind of His breath exposed the bottom of the sea and his enemies were paralyzed with fear. Now that is quite a rescue! God will use the full force of His fury, even sacrifice His own Son, to save you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...