Wednesday, July 27

Pin It

Widgets

Something New - Isaiah 43:18-19

“But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?"

In these verses God is assuring Israel of its coming restoration from Babylon's rule.

While Israel's deliverance from Babylonian captivity would be similar to its deliverance from Egyptian bondage, God was going to do a much greater thing.

He was not limited to doing the same miracles in the same way He had done in the past. God had some even greater miracles in mind for Israel's future.

Since my wife's recent death from cancer, I've come to realize that I will never again have the life that that we had together. While there are many wonderful products of our almost thirty years of marriage--children, grandchildren, friends, a home, spiritual growth--everything in my life to this point is the past.

With God there's only the future; therefore, God isn't concerned so much about what He has done in my past as what He can do in my future.

So all the great and wonderful things He has done in my past does not limit what He can do and wants to do in my life in the future!

What God wants to do with me, and you, is something greater than the totality of all our previous experiences with God--it's something marvelous, something wonderful, something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...