Monday, September 13

Pin It

Widgets

Building God's Temple - I Kings 6:12

“Concerning this house that you are building, if you will walk in my statutes and obey my rules and keep all my commandments and walk in them, then I will establish my word with you." I Kings 6 describes the construction of the temple of God by King Solomon. Solomon built God's temple of stone and cedar (vs. 7,9). The temple was three stories high (vs. 8). The inside of the temple was inlaid with gold (vs. 22). It took Solomon seven years to build it (vs. 38). You, also, are building a temple for God: "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?" (I Corinthians 6:19). Instead of a temple made of stone and cedar and inlaid with gold, your body is the holy place where God's presence now dwells. The Holy Spirit dwells in you and when you walk according to God's will He establishes His word with you. To build God's temple, study the Bible and allow the indwelling Holy Spirit to reveal God to you, thus establishing you in His word and obedience to His will.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...