Saturday, November 20

Pin It

Widgets

The Dwelling Places of God - John 14:23

"If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." The Greek word for "home" (monē meaning dwelling place) used in this verse is the same word used for for "many rooms" in vs. 2 of this chapter: "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?" In vs. 2 Jesus gives the assurance that each of His followers has an eternal dwelling place with Him and He is going there to prepare it. In vs. 23 Jesus and the Father come to dwell (by the Holy Spirit) with those who love Him and keep His word so that His followers can prepare for their eternal dwelling place: "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you" (vs. 15-16). Jesus gives us an assurance for this life that there is an assurance of eternal life with Him. The Holy Spirit (and Father and Son) dwell with us to help prepare us for our eternal life with Them. In other words, you will dwell with God then because He dwells with you now so that you will be prepared to live eternally in the place Jesus has prepared for you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...