Tuesday, August 9

Pin It

Widgets

Gospel Farmers - Isaiah 55:11

"It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it." Crops grow and become both food to nourish those who are hungry and seeds to plant for the farmer (vs. 10). God's Word grows just like crops, but always produces results. God's Word is the expression of His will and is efficacious in accomplishing His plans and purposes. Whether God's Word nourishes like food or reproduces like seed, it is always effective. Therefore, we should ingest God's Word for nourishment like those who are hungry and and plant it like farmers so it will grow more crops. We are gospel farmers. We consume God's Word by reading and studying the Bible and we sow the seed of God's Word by proclaiming it to people. While we may not always understand how the seed of God's Word that we plant grows and develops ("my ways are higher than your ways," vs. 9), we are assured that planting it always produces fruit and accomplishes God's plans and purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...