Thursday, August 25

Pin It

Widgets

It's Not About Me - Romans 14:5-12

"For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord" (vs. 7-8). The Apostle Paul makes a plea for unity among the Roman Christians based on their individual and collective accountability to God. Paul said we come from different backgrounds and are at different places in our walk with God. While some are more mature in their faith than others, no one should say or do anything that castigates the faith of another in Christ even though the brother or sister may be spiritually immature. No matter how advanced one's faith may or may not be, all of us belong to God and so we should respect others who are God's possessions: "Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive his approval" (vs. 4). So my life on earth is not about me and my faith, it's about honoring and pleasing God in all things I say or do. One way I do that is by supporting and encouraging other Christians no matter how different they are from me or how spiritually undeveloped I think they are. Because we are all God’s servants, we are all ultimately and eternally accountable to Him: "Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God" (vs. 12). Therefore, my desire should always be to please God, not to live for myself or be critical of others who are not like me. After all, they are becoming like Jesus, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...