Friday, January 11

Pin It

Widgets

Resurrection Theology For Dummies - Genesis 18:17-19

"But I know my living Redeemer, and He will stand on the dust at last. Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet I will see God in my flesh. I will see Him myself; my eyes will look at Him, and not as a stranger." (Job 19:25-27, HCSB)

This verse is the ancient voice of Job telling us that his ultimate redemption is manifested in bodily resurrection.

Job proclaims that after his death he will see God in his flesh!

Job understood that without bodily resurrection there is really no redemption and that he, therefore, needed a Redeemer to expedite it.

The Apostle Paul described resurrection as "the redemption of our bodies" (Romans 8:23, HCSB).

Bodily resurrection means our temporal, physical bodies will be transmogrified into imperishable or immortal bodies: "We will all be changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. For this corruptible must be clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal must be clothed with immortality" (I Corinthians 15:51-52, HCSB).

Bodily resurrection is the fundamental premise of the redemptive plan of God for human beings and for the created order.

So, you don't have redemption without resurrection! It's a theological premise in which even us dummies can understand, believe, and rejoice! And Job got it--thousands of years ago!

The Apostle Paul asserts in his resurrection chapter, 1 Corinthians 15, how pointless redemption without bodily resurrection would be and explains that Christ’s resurrection is the model or prototype for our own bodily resurrection.

The Apostle John amplifies this theology of bodily resurrection with this simple yet profound declaration that almost seems to paraphrase Job's pronouncement: "We know that when He appears, we will be like Him because we will see Him as He is (I John 3:2, HCSB).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...