Friday, April 19

Pin It

Widgets

The Steve Show - Luke 9:23-24

"And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it" (Luke 9:23-24, NASB).

I've got a show going on.

I call it The Steve Show.

As you might imagine, I'm the star of The Steve Show. I produce and direct my own show. And, I follow the script that I wrote for my show.

The Steve Show. It's all about me!

You can watch The Steve Show. It's on all the time. Just watch me!

The Steve Show doesn't have any co-stars. Nobody else is in the spotlight on my show. The Steve Show is all about me.

Today's episode, starring me, is about what I can do to make me happy and comfortable.

I want you to watch my show so I have to put on a performance.  I need your attention.  I want you to see me, hear me, like me!

Everybody has a show going on. It's called your life!

Just fill in the blank with your name, The ______ Show.

Sure, some of us are trying harder for ratings than others, but we all have a show to put on!

This admonition by Jesus to deny yourself and take up your cross and follow Him is repeated in Matthew,

Mark, and Luke. I like Luke's version the best because it includes "daily" in the command. It's something you have to do everyday.

It means we need to step out of the spotlight of our own show and let Jesus take center stage. Then we will find true stardom! Then we will find real life, abundant life, eternal life!

So, who is the star of your show, you or Jesus?

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:20, NASB)

(This meditation was inspired by the song, Steal My Show, by Toby Mac.)
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA_HoEC9ixc?rel=0]

NOTICE: Steve's Bible Meditations has moved to a new location. To continue to receive SBM posts by email, register your email address at the new location: http://www.stevesbiblemeditations.com and click the Confirm button in the confirmation email. Thanks for reading SBM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...