Monday, March 11

Pin It

Widgets

Has God Forgotten? - Psalm 77:1-15

"I cry out to God; yes, I shout. Oh, that God would listen to me... All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, but my soul was not comforted. I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help... I am too distressed even to pray....Has the Lord rejected me forever? Will he never again be kind to me? Is his unfailing love gone forever? Have his promises permanently failed? Has God forgotten to be gracious?" (Psalm 77:1-4,7-9, NLT)

Have you ever been so sick or so distressed or both that you don't even have the will to pray?

Isn't praying exactly what you should be doing if you are that sick or distressed?

But, like the Psalmist, at first you prayed and moaned and longed for God's help and help never seemed to come.

In fact, it seemed like God had forgotten about you.

What do you do when you can't even pray?

Think! Remember! Call to mind the wonderful things God has done in your life: "I think of the good old days, long since ended, when my nights were filled with joyful songs. I search my soul and ponder the difference now" (vs. 5-6).

If those memories don't help you find resolution, then you need to step outside of your own problems and get the big picture about the God you are dealing with and Who is dealing with you: "But then I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works. O God, your ways are holy...You are the God of great wonders...By your strong arm, you redeemed your people" (vs. 11-15).

And when you finally remember that God Almighty loves you and is bigger than your problems, you will regain focus and God will enable you to reset and adjust your own will to be in accordance with His plans and purposes for you.

And then once again you will be able to pray like Jesus: "My father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine" (Matthew 26:39, NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...