Friday, March 22

Pin It

Widgets

One Thing, No Two, God Cannot Do - Psalm 89:33-35

"But I will never stop loving him nor fail to keep my promise to him. No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a single word I said. I have sworn an oath to David, and in my holiness I cannot lie." (Psalm 89:33-35, NLT)

In this Psalm, the Psalmist restates God's covenant with David as ruler over His people.

Although God foresees the violation of the trust by His people and their subsequent punishment, God nevertheless commits Himself to uphold the covenant.

His unwavering adherence to His love for and promises to David as ruler over His people corresponds to his faithfulness to the created order.

God is wholly distinct from the created order and His character is totally pure. Because God is absolutely holy, He cannot lie.

God does as He pleases and He absolutely chooses to be faithful to His people.

So, God cannot stop loving His people.

Absolute truth is sometimes hard to find in this post-modern world in which we live.

But these are two absolutes upon which you can base your eternal life: God loves His people and will be faithful to them.

God cannot help Himself. It's just the way He Is!

"God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us." (Hebrews 6:17-18, NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...