Sunday, March 17

Pin It

Widgets

Holy Ferocity - Acts 20:20-21, 27

"I did not shrink back from proclaiming to you anything that was profitable or from teaching it to you in public and from house to house. I testified to both Jews and Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus...for I did not shrink back from declaring to you the whole plan of God" (Acts 20:20-21, 27, HCSB).

These declarations are from the Apostle Paul's farewell address to the elders of the church at Ephesus (vs. 17-38).

As you study the ministry of the Apostle Paul in the book of Acts, you begin to notice that Paul had this amazing capacity to pull himself back together and keep on going in spite of severe opposition and persecution.

Paul says he did not "shrink back." Paul was relentless, even fierce, in his efforts to accomplish God's will to proclaim the gospel to the Gentiles.

In fact, I would call Paul's tenacity for proclaiming the gospel holy ferocity!

I don't read anywhere about Paul complaining about all the misery that was inflicted on him for doing God's will.

But I do read where Paul declares that he's being faithful in doing what God has called him to do: "But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace" (vs. 24).

It's time we got some holy ferocity for proclaiming the gospel like the Apostle Paul!

It's time to remind ourselves that God has called each of us to a ministry--a job to do on this earth to build His kingdom!

It's time to quit complaining if obeying God causes us some frustration, discomfort or distress!

It's time to stop shrinking back when we encounter the problems and disappointments of life!

It's time to get fierce about accomplishing what God wants us to do!

"But we are not those who draw back and are destroyed, but those who have faith and obtain life" (Hebrews 10:39, HCSB).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to learn from you, please share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...